Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Going to Mesa Verde National Park today.


Early email this morning!! We are actually going to Mesa Verde today, and we are taking off pretty early. So we are getting our emails and things done pretty quick.
   This week has been really good. We have been incredibly busy, expect for Saturday, we were extremely not busy. I can't really remember what happened this week. But! I did write it all in my journal.... I have been writing in it every night! I have realized that friends will come up sometimes and ask me about a certain memory and I don't remember until they remind me, and so I decided that I don't want to anything, so I write it all down.
  This week we had a baptism, but it's a long story of how this all came about. So basically our bishop interviewed this 11 year old girl and felt she was prepared  and then bishop talked to President Batt and he asked us to teach her all the principles. But, the only night that this young girl and her mom could meet was actually a night that we were going over to President and Sister Batt's home for a lesson with the Prince family, so we couldn't make it. So we asked the Elders to teach it. So they taught all the lessons and had a baptismal interview with her and got to know her in 40 minutes. So we had a baptism, but not really haha. It was kinda a funny thing.
  So yes, we went with the Prince family over to President and Sister Batt's home for dinner and a lesson. It was a lot of fun, and we had a really good lesson with Brother Prince. We all sat around and talked for a couple of hours and then finally got to the lesson. We talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ with him, and about how faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands, and enduring to the end are all essential. His family was able to bear testimony to him of the truthfulness of the things being taught. It was really neat.
  Saturday we knocked on a lot of doors, and no one was home. We even talked to a less active man who said he knows it's true, he just doesn't want to come back. It's always hard to hear that. But it ended well. We talked to a less active family, who came to church the next day, and then saw the prince's after that. It was a lot of fun.
Oh tomorrow Paul V. Johnson of the seventy is coming to tour the mission and speak to us, so that'll be neat.
 I love you all! I'm glad things are going well!
Sister Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment