Monday, April 22, 2013

What my mission has meant to me.


I have been thinking today, about what I wanted to say in my email. I wanted to kinda express what my mission has meant to me. Now, I know I have a week left, but next week, will be a little crazy.
 Time has just flown by. The days sometimes drug on, and the weeks sometimes felt never ending, but before I could blink my mission has gone by. It has been the greatest experience of my life. I couldn't have expected anything more from it. It was everything I could have ever dreamed of and more. I love the good and amazing experiences along with the learning and growing ones. As I was going through all of these experiences, it was sometimes hard to see why or things like that, and I still don't have all the answers, but now, I see all the pieces together instead of dis jumbled  It's amazing. I just am so grateful for all the experiences I have been given.
 I have come to know the Lord here. I have come to know my Heavenly Father and the love and faith and hope that He has for each of us. I know that he is always with us. And He has shown me time and time again that He will never leave His children. Never. No matter how many times that we ask, He will always love to hear our pleas. He will always love to hear from and bless His Children. I know that, I have felt that. I know that He love us. And He will show us that. I can't really put into words my love for my mission. It has just been so amazing. I am grateful that I have been blessed enough to have been able to serve here, to have served a mission. I am a highly blessed person to have had this opportunity.
 This week I have really come to realize how much it has meant to me. But, the Lord has blessed me with a knowledge that there are exciting things laying ahead of me, and more adventures to come. There will be more experiences more wonderful and blessed that I now realize, and that He will lead my life to them. He has shown me that my time has been accepted here. He has shown me that there are great things that lay ahead of me, and that I can look forward to them with an eye of faith. I have been clinging to that thought, and have found great peace in it. I am so grateful to the Lord and for all of His tender mercies each and every day.
 I am looking forward to finishing out this week strong, and to do what the Lord would have me do. I have loved serving and preaching and sharing the Gospel, and I want to take advantage of every last second of it. I know that this time is precious, and I cherish every moment of it. 
 I am grateful to each of you, and for all of your love and support, and all your hard work in allowing me to be out here. I know that I will be better and great blessings will come into my life, and I know that that is only made possible because of the sacrifices that each of you have made throughout your lives to help me here. I know that worry has been part of your life on my behalf, I know that endless hours of work, and labor mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually have been put forth for me. And I know that I wasn't always the easiest child to raise, but I know that the Lord has blessed each of us along the way, and because of that I have been able to bless the lives of others. But more especially  I have seen my life blessed the most. So thank you, thank you for all that you have done, it does not go unnoticed or unappreciated  But most of all, I thank the Lord, and for His sacrifices, and His tender mercies. For I know that without Him I am nothing, and I know that it is only because of and through Him that I can be who I am.
 The Lord is great. He is miraculous, and He loves you. He loves everything you do to follow Him, because it means that we are returning to Him. Continue moving forward. Continue strengthening your faith, and doing all that He has asked. Because, that is when the blessings truly come. I love my Savior more than anything else. I know that He is most important, and will fill our lives to overflowing if we allow Him. I know that the Church is for our benefit. I know that the Book of Mormon teaches us of Christ. I know that if we abide by it's teachings and precepts that we truly can come closer to Christ and see our lives be filled with joy and peace. I know that it is through prophets that we know the commandments to obey so that we can return to Heavenly Father. I know that we can be together forever. And I know that all of these things exist so we can be happy, not only for eternity, but for now as well.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Love always,
Sister Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment