Thursday, September 6, 2012

We visited the Pueblo Ruins!

How appropriate!
Jenn, how is it having two little ones now? I love the picture of Bella pushing Jers in the stroller haha that made me laugh. He's still the king of the house huh? Bella is getting so big! Everytime I get a new picture, she looks like she is getting older and older. Charolette is adorable! I can't wait to meet her!
  Can you believe how fast time is flying? I can't. I can't believe I've already been out for 10 months, just about. It's crazy to me! I am getting to be one of the older sisters now, and it's really weird. I don't know a whole lot of the newer sisters, which is weird also. I've always known most of them. So things are changing. Things have gotten a lot stricter with President Batt. He's not being mean, he's just much more percise, and it's a good thing. We all need to step up our game.
  Let's see, well this week we found 3 new investigators. 2 of them don't want to take the lessons, but love to have discussions on the topics of their choice with us haha so we keep contact and continue to go over there and visit. They are really nice people. The other one we began teaching is Brother Prince. I may have told you about him, I'm not really sure. But, his older daughter served a mission in Colorado and his younger daughter is going to Gautemala in November. So that's exciting for them. They are a super nice family. President and Sister Batt went to the first lesson with us and kept us there until 10:15! haha President just kept talking and Sister Batt kept saying, "President, we really need to get these sisters home!" haha it was super funny. It was a great lesson though. President taught most of it. I just asked people to pray haha I was so glad they were there, the Spirit was really strong. He knows what we are saying is true, he just doesn't know for himself that the Book of Mormon is true yet. So we are encouraging him to read everyday. He really does want to know if it is true or not.
  We talked to a lot of people this week and knocked on a lot of doors. One old guy started an argument with us. I just walked back to the truck after that and decided to go visit less actives. And asked my companion to put in some happy music haha I think the Lord is preparing me. I know that I will be confronted by people who do not believe in God, but right now I learning how to deal with being confronted by people who do believe in God. I have met more people who like to bash on my mission then I think any other missionary in this mission.
  Anyways. Something I have been pondering about is faith. I have often been contemplating my faith and what it means to have and exercise faith. And I have learned something. It isn't until AFTER the trial of your faith that you recieve a witness. People say that all the time, but this time I really learned it. We just keep going, and just be okay with who we are and do what the Lord asks of us and everything will work out. I have also learned this week. That we have to rely on the Lord. I have finally been beginning to feel like I know how to stand on the Lord's two feet, and no one else's. It's taken me 9 and 1/2 months to learn how to do that. And man am I grateful!! We can't put our trust in anyone else besides him. I feel myself growing in the Lord. I know the Lord has a great work for me in this life. And I feel the least qualified to accomplish it. I know in part what my mission is here and what I can accomplish and I know that my mission is preparing me for that. I know that my mission is more for me to grow than for me to help anyone else. I do my best, and I trust that the Lord puts me in the right places at the right times, but I feel that every experience I have had has taught me something. Even if I didn't realize it. Enos is a great chapter to study too.
  Something that I have been pondering a lot about. If I have really grown. But, one of the sisters is really struggling right now and I was talking to her and I was telling her that mission accentuate our weaknesses so that we know what they are, so they can become strengths. That's why missions are so hard. And I didn't really realize that before I said it. But it's true. I guess my point in all this is, that I have grown. And that I am different. And that I am excited for the future and enjoying the present! For once in my life, I have figured out how to be happy in the Lord no matter what my situation is! I love my mission!
  So for pday yesterday we went to the Bollack Ranch museum and it was awesome! Well, kind of sad, but awesome! So this guy, Mr. Bollack (The joke SIIIIISTER ANNNNDERSON in the matrix voice never ceases, anytime anyone meets me, or just wants to be funny, anyways.) So Mr. Bollack has traveled all over the WORLD and killed every type of animal there is. And has fished every kind of fish there is. So we went with all the sisters and had a blast. We laughed the whole time. And then we went back to the mission office and played a card game and that was fun too. I love the sisters here. The friendships you make on a mission are a lot different, they are based on a love for the Gospel and the Savior, and so it makes it really special.
  But yep, I think that's about it. love you all!
Sister Anderson





Sis Wilkins & I

Sis Miller & Sis Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment