Sunday, February 3, 2013

Well, things are going good!


Well, things are going good! I am doing well. This last week we went on exchanges and it was a great experience. This whole transfer has been quite a learning experience. I don't really know how else to describe it. I am grateful for the things that I have learned! The sisters came in for training, they have been going around the whole mission and living out of a suitcase.... fun fun! Anyways, after they left our place they went to the mission home to visit with President.
  Brady has this way of getting me to do things that I don't want to do. Whether it's skiing down a black diamond slope or swimming across a freezing cold river, whatever it may be, he always can talk me into doing it. Which is impressive, I didn't realize what a talent that is;) But whenever he talks me into doing something I don't want to do he never leaves me alone. He never just leaves me hangin. He stays by my side and talks me through it and guides me the whole time. No matter how much I am crying he calms me down and helps me. I never realized what a talent that is either. But, he never lets me quit either (half the time there is no quitting anyways, i'm already halfway down the hill or something), he never lets me say that i can't or that i don't want to. He just calmly and rationally talks me through everything. And I didn't really realize what a great benefit that was for my life until I came here. It was such a type for my mission. The Lord never lets me quit, he never lets me runaway and he never leaves my side. No matter how badly I want to give up or I want to just have the situation be done. He never lets me do that. He helps me and in a lot of ways strongly encourages me to push through too. President also does the same thing for me as well. No matter how many times I call him he calmly and rationally talks me through and always says, "i'm not going to let you drown, the Lord is not going to let you drown." I am just so blessed to have so many sources in my life that see me and my potential and my strength in such an eternal perspective  I guess I have just learned that in a little bit bigger perspective here.
  But, I do hope that you find joy in the blessings and the things that I have learned. I find great joy in my mission. This is the best thing I have ever decided to do. I love everything about my mission. I especially love the things that I have learned. This mission is for me. Not for anyone else.
  A talk that has really brought and my life back into perspective in "Things as they really are" by Elder Bednar. It is talking a lot about technology but, as I have studied I have found that the principles contained therein can apply to many other things.
Thanks for all you do!
All my love,
Sister Anderson Alma 26:27

No comments:

Post a Comment